Sunday, March 30, 2008

Easter in Nauvoo


Well this is a week late, but who really cares. We had a great time in Nauvoo, meeting the Broughs on their trek across the US on a bike. When we got there on Friday it was nice and warm, we went to Carthage Jail, my favorite site. On Sat. we went to the temple a did sealings. Brent was able to have his mom sealed to her parents. He also showed me a set of keys that are in the temple, and told the story of Edon's ancestors were the keeper of the keys when the temple was burned down, they keep the keys and passed them down until the temple was rededicated when family returned the keys to the temple. That is pretty cool. After the temple we took the wagon ride and saw the sites. We toured the assembly hall where these pictures came from. The floor Edon is on is an original to the assembly hall where the Prophet drew a map to Utah and the Saints danced. I am on the stage where the production the missionaries put on. Well I know this is short but I need to get going.

2 comments:

DaNae said...

I love the Voo! Cool story about the keys too.

Amanda said...

Hey there cuz! How's life in the windy city? You guys look like you're doin good! When are the babies comin?